There is a major shift happening online and it is probably as major as the shift from offline to online. The pioneers that understood the initial Online Opportunity were able to seriously capitalize by Securing Hot Domain Names and Setting up their Website Early to dominate the Search Engines for their services. There is a similar opportunity for those that look forward and get in early on the up and coming online trends.
The future of Online Marketing (Web 3.0) is:
- Mobile Marketing – Think SMS Text Messaging, Voice Broadcast & Mobil Ads
- Micro Blogging – Think Twitter & Other Short Post Sites
- Virtual Reality Words – Think SecondLife (I’m a little sceptical of this one)
- Apps – Think Pandora, Mint.com, Shazam
- Streaming Video –Think U-stream
There is a great book on the market that goes deep into each of the trends and how to capitalize on them. It’s Marketing in the Moment: The Practical Guide to Using Web 3.0 Marketing to Reach Your Customers First by Michael Tasner. I highly recommend it.