The Ultimate Online Marketing Checklist for LOCAL Business
Online Marketing, the practice of promoting your products and services via the Internet is a comprehensive topic that covers Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Media, Online Video and many other avenues for exposure. With all of the information available about Internet Marketing it can be very difficult figure out where to start and what things you can do that will actually have an impact on your online marketing efforts as it relates to your local business. To help you get started I have put together a checklist of what I feel are the most imperative things you can do that will have the quickest and most tangible impact on your visibility online for your local business.
- Claim your local listings on the major sites (Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yelp, 4Squared, Best of the Web, City Search, Angie’s List).
- Set up a fan page on Facebook and a Twitter Account.
- Set up a blog on your site (www.your site.com/blog) and create a new post for each of your most frequently asked questions. ***Tip – push those posts out via your Facebook & Twitter account.
- Update the “title tag” on each of your website pages & make each title unique. ****Tip – use localized / keyword rich titles (E.G. “Miami Body Shop – Jorge’s Body Shop”, “Fort Lauderdale Roofer – Academy Roofing”). Click here to learn more about my SEO Strategies for Local Business.
- Make sure that your full company name and address are listed at the bottom of each page of your site along with a “text link” navigation structure.
- Create a simple video about your services & upload it to YouTube. *** Tip – Title the YouTube Video with those same localized / keyword rich keywords.
- Get Links! Be sure that you have a link to your site from any and all associations that you belong to (E.G. Trade Association, Chamber of Commerce, Networking Groups, etc).
- Set up a pay-per-click account on the major search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing).
If you take care of these simple items your local presence will be more optimized than 99% of the sites in your market and you will start to see Your Company dominate the web in your area for what you do. If you would like to learn more about my SEO Strategies for Local Business click here.